Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sex with Aleksandr Petrovsky

I know every one's crazy for Carrie and Big! Lets face it, that's the relationship, or lack there of, the iconic series is centered around; but my favorite beau of Miss Bradshaw's has to be Aleksandr Petrovsky. Yet, my choice is not for their chemistry at all, but hands down the fashion he brought out of the on-screen style icon. Throughout the relationship, filled with gallery openings, an extravagant trip to Paris, and other events spent, or not, with the legendary member of the international art crowd; Carrie's wardrobe was the perfect combination of vintage and haute couture ever televised! I'm sure this fashionable bliss had to do with it being the show's final season in someway or another, nevertheless, it made me an eternal fan!
Photobucket

For example one of my favorite, yet more formal, ensembles from that period was this pink charmeuse Oscar de la Renta Spring 04 dress Carrie wore to an opera she and her "luvah" never entered. The Manhattanite looked the part of Parisian-chic with a feminine ballooning silhouette paired amidst a cropped tuxedo blazer, black leather gloves, and pink clutch, aligned with gold trimming, securely in hand! Need I say more?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Magz said...

It's silk faille, charmeuse doesn't have the same body to it.

One of my favorite looks from the show, period!