Saturday, August 16, 2008

Remember this?



Awww...the innocence! Here's Solange's 2002 single "Feelin' You (Part II)" featuring rapper N.O.R.E. I must admit I was nodding my head to the short-lived tune back in the day. Solange's debut album Solo Star was actually a pretty solid effort, but failed to make a dent on any chart. I personally don't think the public knew how to take her as Beyonce's little sister, yet her sound wasn't very "r&b" or "pop" enough. Mixing a bohemian with a rasta look Knowles' offbeat style is nothing new. Though, this was her only solo music video she was featured on single "True Love" by rapper Lil' Romeo. Fast-forward to 2008, I'm glad to see the now Sol-Angel is back with a vengeance! Though her style is still very whimsical and music experimental there's an evolution happening and I love it!

Oh, and a funny thing I noticed... The video ends with Solange's crush entering her "solo spot" then the classic "to be continued..." appears. Ofcourse, the next thing we know she's a mother... They grow up so fast!

Anyways, catch Solo's brand new music video for second single "Sandcastle Disco" after the jump!

SANDCASTLE DISCO

No comments: